Support your local RSL Sub-Branch by becoming a member.
The RSL is a not for profit organisation that was formed to provide assistance to soldiers and sailors returning from World War 1 and the modern RSL has not deviated far from its original mandate. To function as it was oringinally intended the RSL is reliant on the support of its Members, who are the life-blood of every Sub-Branch. By supporting the RSL, you help provide vital assistance to ADF veterans and their families at a local, state and national level. The RSL is also strongly engaged with the local community, from providing the simple gift of a home visit, to supporting a broad range of community entities such as local schools, sporting clubs and more. Most welfare activities provided by Upper Yarra RSL are delivered by our wonderful volunteers and if helping out as a volunteer is something that appeals to you, please give us a call or just pop in to the Sub-Branch.
Finally, the reward of becoming a member of the RSL is not limited to the satisfation of knowing you're contributing to something great, but can also entitle members to reciprocal rights within the RSL network, access to discounts on meals and drinks, the RSL exclusive Rewards & Loyalty program and the inclusion in loads of local and state wide giveaways and promotions*.
There are 4 different Memberships available:
- Service Membership
- Service Membership is for anyone who is currently serving or has served in the Australian Defense Force or any of Australia's allied armed forces for at least 6 months.
- $40.00 annually.
- If you are 80 years of age or older, Service Membership is free.
- Affiliate Membership
- Affiliate Membership is for family members of serving or ex-service men and women. It is also for members or ex-members of emergency services including, Police, Fire Brigades, Ambulance or SES.
- $40.00 annually
- If you are 80 years of age or older, Affiliate Membership is free.
- Social Membership
- Social Membership is for those who would like to be a part of their local RSL but are not entitiled to a Service or Affiliate membership.
- $40.00 annually
- Community Membership
- Community Membership is available to everyone. Community members receive Rewards Points but do not receive discounts for meals or drinks.
- $10.00 annually
For all membership enquiries, please speak to any of our friendly staff members or call 03 5967 1771
*reciprocal rights, discounts and access to some promotions are restricted to specific member types only. Contact the Sub-Branch for further details.